Operational Procedure “Automatic Operations & Function”
- The motorized filtrate valve shuts
- Filtrate drains through filter media and collects in the trough under the bed, forming a cake in the bed.
- The rising filtrate level is sensed, de-activating the vacuum pump, venting the bed, opening the motorized filtrate valve to drain the trough
- A timer recloses the filtrate and vent valves, restarting the vacuum and dewatering cycle.
- The cycle is repeated automatically 4-6 times per loading until the dewatering cake shrinks horizontally and cracks to a point where it cannot hold the vacuum (16-20 hrs)